This article currently only gives a brief description/notes about quirks we've found in the Anope services package we use: NS ACCESS quirks:
- /chanserv voice ignores the nickserv access system; you can't voice yourself if you are on the access list as VOP (or have VOICEME level), and aren't identified for your nick (but CSSecure/NSSecure are off and NSACCESS has your host) (you can't voice yourself when on the VOP list and not identified, but on a access'ed host)
CS RESTRICTED quirks:
- "/cs set #chan restricted on" will still kickban users if they aren't on the access-list even if secureops is off. It should only ban users with negative levels on the access list if secureops is off. This applies to both xOP as ACCESS LEVELS system.
imho secureops should be ignored anyway they should instead allow for supplying a level to restricted for instance: /chanserv set #catan restricted -1 for denying everyone with a negative access level denying access to everyone: /chanserv set #catan restricted 0 denying access to everyone not on access list: /chanserv set #catan restricted 1 denying access to everyone on access list with level lower than 5: /chanserv set #catan restricted 5 FiXato 15:18, 26 September 2010 (UTC)
Descriptions of CS RESTRICTED/SECURE/SECUREOPS can use some more work to indicate the NS ACCESS/SECURE influence.
CS SECUREOPS does allow voicing people if they are not on VOP. Though it makes sense since it isn't an 'ops' status, it feels a bit inconsistent.
CS RESTRICTED ON forces CS LEVELS NOJOIN to 0 and CS RESTRICTED OFF forces CS LEVELS NOJOIN to -2
Or to be more precise, it seems that:
- RESTRICT ON will force NOJOIN to 0 if it is negative
- RESTRICT OFF will force NOJOIN to -2 if it is equal or greater than 0
What do I mean with semi-identified?
- You have a registered nickname
- You are NOT identified for that nickname through /NICKSERV IDENTIFY
- Your NickServ SECURE setting is set to OFF
- You are connected from a host that matches the hostmask in your /NICKSERV ACCESS LIST
NOJOIN -2 ->
Kickbans: + only those who are on the access list with a level of -2 or below Allows: + everyone who is on the access list with a level of -1 or above + everyone who isn't on the access list
NOJOIN -1 ->
Kickbans: + people who aren't identified for their nickname + people with nicks on the access list, but who aren't identified for their nickname, nor semi-identified Allows: + people who are identified for their nickname, + people who are on the ChanServ ACCESS list with a nickname that is semi-identified
NOJOIN 0 ->
Kickbans: + everyone who is NOT on the access list + everyone who is on the access list with a negative level Allows: + everyone who is on the access list with a positive level
/CHANSERV SET #channel SIGNKICK LEVEL does not seem to work. We've set this option and tried setting the /CHANSERV LEVEL #level SET SIGNKICK level to various levels and tried kicking with various levels, but it was always signed.